Wednesday, May 15, 2019

#Dialogue on #DignifiedMenstruation at Pokhara

Had two hours discussion with Priest about menstruation and Kamachha Devi at Pokhara 

Single Women Group, Pokhara, arranged by Rajani Koirala, Women Activist and Enterprenuer, 
Single Women Group, Pokhara, arranged by Rajani Koirala, Women Activist and Enterprenuer, 
Kamachha Devi, Goddess of Vagina or Menstruation at Pokhara



Single Women Group, Pokhara, arranged by Rajani Koirala, Women Activist and Enterprenuer
Single Women Group, Pokhara, arranged by Rajani Koirala, Women Activist and Enterprenuer
Kumudhini Homes School, Pokhara, arranged by Sudha Gurung  
CSO leaders at Pahal Nepal, Pokhara, arranged by Prakash Adhikari 
CSO leaders at Pahal Nepal, Pokhara, arranged by Prakash Adhikari
Sirjana Deaf School, Lekhnath Municipality, arranged by Sara Parker 
Sirjana Deaf School Lekhnath Municipality, arranged by Sara Parker
Step by Step School, Pokhara, arranged by Prakash Adhikari 
Step by Step School, Pokhara, arranged by Prakash Adhikari
Kumudhini Homes School, Pokhara
Kanchan Thapa, Journalist, Radio Annapurna 
Kumudhini Homes School, Pokhara
Kumudhini Homes School Pokhara
Adharbhut School, Kudar, Pokhara with Vision Impaired Children
Adharbhut School Kudar, Pokhara 
Sudha Gurung, Step by Step School Pokhara 
Radio Interview with Kanchan Thapa
Girls School, Pokhara, arranged by Rajani Koirala 
Discussion with youths at Resham Cafe, arranged by Aswin Karki
Annapurna School, arranged by Sudha Gurung 
Annapurna School, Pokhara, arranged by Sudha Gurung






Handover the books of mine for opening library at FAB school, Chisapani, Pokhara

With the reference of last photo, let me start the story of this journey. Marise and Robin organized wedding celebration in Pavilion Himalayan Hotel at Chisapani Pokhara for May 7,8, and 9 . I was invited from the side of Marise where only ten candidate was the norm from one side. I got the gift at dinner of Valentine day 2019 at the Babarmahal Revisited. Rarely I made decision without much thinking. I replied YES. The days were passing by.
I loved Pokhara so much because it was second home after my tenth class for about four years or nursing college. I still have few friends over there. Few were keep asking me there for work. I was thinking how can I give to the community because I have gotten from the friends. Marise and Robin offered for 2.5 days so I wanted to give for twice. Coincidentally,  Sudha Gurung didi also planned to go her home Pokhara. Thus, I asked Sudha to arrange few programs and I contacted with my few friends. Finally, we engaged total dozens of program where 80% discussion focused on Dignified Menstruation. 
Before wedding, I stayed Sudha along with my niece, Alisha. There were many friends behind the curtain who really sending powers and create enabling environment e.g. Rajani Koirala.  Sudhas husband Lal Prasad Gurung also with us in most of the programs. He also facilitated to sell the books and other necessary support for transport. The Annapurna school gave 10,000 rupees as well for the Radha Paudel Foundation. The response and arrangement of Step by Step school found bit unplanned. The most touched program was engaged with visual impairment and hearing impairment students at Lekhnath and Kudar, Pokara. I extended my gratitude and thank you each of you who work and supported me directly and indirectly.  
After the wedding, I went to Baglung and had done four programs. 
It was 100% voluntary work, nothing gain except the satisfaction of impact among new generation who are building blocks of this nation and planet. 

World Social Forum 2024, Kathmandu- Dignified Menstruation: Decolonized Menstrual Movement and Reimagination of Feminism

 Inaugural Speech, 16 February, World Social Forum Dear Friends,