Friday, April 5, 2024

Muktinath Temple Trip with Tuka Sandwell Chhetri

I visited  to Muktinath temple twice. About 19 years ago, I brought my father there. It was dream of my mother. I could not bring her due to her health condition (asthma) though I even plan for helicopter. Anyways, my father, my miteri sister Radha Pandey, and Gyan Kumari Bastakoti (Mother in law of Anupa Regmi). We rode micro bus from Kathmandu to Pokhara, flew from Pokhara to Jomsom and walked from Jomsom, Kagbeni and Muktinath. 
Now, in 2024 visited Muktinath temple as a company of Tuka Sandwell Chhetri who lives in UK for about 4 decades. In our team, Tuka was already in Pokhara alomg with her daughter and her family. Kardam and Madan are Nephew of Tuka joined from her maternal house Bardaghat, Nawalparasi and Sharmila and me flew and joined in Pokhara from Kathmandu. Tuka hired a Scorpio. We went to Muktinath via Pokhara, Parbat, Myagdi, Jomsom and stay in Kagbeni in April 3. We stayed in Karnali hotel in Kagbeni. We did Puja, Tarpan dine in April 4 and went to Muktinath temple and had lunch in Muktinath bazaar and left for Pokhara. As we gathered, we dispersed towards our own destination from pokhara.  

Muktinath Temple: Kardam and Sharmila were at door of temple



steps for Muktinath temple

Me, after puja (we did two groups; Tuka, Madan and myself first group and Sharmila and Kardam second group to take care of stuffs e.g. shoes)

Muktinath bazaar from Temple's premises

Kids at Hotel Karnali at Kagbeni, discussed about menstrual practices. This hotel owner migrated from Dunai Dolpa

Our team in Kagbeni after Puja (Deepak is driver and took selfie, me, madan in back, Kardam far back, Tuka and Sharmila with glass). Tuka did sidha dan garne and rest of us did Tarpan dine except deepak. 

Hotel Karnali at Kagbeni

Towards Muktinath temple

Bathing at 108 holy tapes

Tuka and myself at Asia Golden Bridge at Baglung

Dinner at Kagbeni called Chokhan, a cuisine from potato, delicious 

Tuka at Balgung Kalika

Tuka was in happy mood after Puja at Muktinath Temple, waiting for second group

At Gandaki Resort Myagdi, stop for break and tea


Marpha, took photo from window of hotel where we stopped for tea break

Tuka in happy mood after Puja in muktinatha. This cloth we bought at hotel Karnali. I knew Tuka did not bring much cloth for cold. She did not feel cold but can not tolerate with hot. by considering her age (80 years) and COVID survivor, I brought few cloths as option. But she is very peculiar for not wearing other clothes. I also knew that her husband Jhon asked not give up red cloth after his death. He passed away 6 years back. From pokhara, she was wearing red Kada on her neck. So while buying jackets for her kids and grand kids, I insisted to buy this cloth. I saw a small damage though I ignored and said, it was perfectly matched for you and no need to hold it while walking or working. She agreed and we bought. She was also happy with this attire. 

Sharmila and me at Pokhara airport

Sharmila at Muktinath Temple, back side where Buddhist temple lies

Pokhara airport

Lake side, Sharmila tested babble tea


Lake side

I was doing Tarpan dine and Sharmila assisting me

 

World Social Forum 2024, Kathmandu- Dignified Menstruation: Decolonized Menstrual Movement and Reimagination of Feminism

 Inaugural Speech, 16 February, World Social Forum Dear Friends,