Friday, March 11, 2016

Mesntrual restriction is learned behaviour

I have known about menstruation when I saw blood on my late mom's clothes. I was about 7 years old. Because my mom had pregnant when I knew her as my mom. 

I was shocked when I knew about the stories regarding menstruation through Rishipanchami.

Since, I knew the story on menstruation, I dehumanize by myself and was living with low status, confidence and attempted for suicide due to feeling guilt of being girl.

Menstrual restriction is gender or learned behaviour  from family. I was interested whether my nephew aware or not as me at the same age about 34 years back. 

Here is audio of my nephew in March 12, 2016. Due to power cut, I unable to catch his picture but good audio. I have asked at first then I was interested so much and like to share with my blog's followers so I took record during second time.

Please listen him, it was so funny.

This is the video of my nephew who is 7 years old, he doesn't know about menstruation  due to not protracting menstrual restriction 

World Social Forum 2024, Kathmandu- Dignified Menstruation: Decolonized Menstrual Movement and Reimagination of Feminism

 Inaugural Speech, 16 February, World Social Forum Dear Friends,